- Club show rounds
- Carrying out inductions to new members
- Checking equipment is working
- Setting up and taking down equipment for classes
- Supporting members with general enquiries
- Keeping the gym clean and tidy
- The rate will be national minimum wage for an apprentice as a start point but will be reviewed for good performance.
- No formal qualifications are required but a positive attitude and a passion for the gym and helping people will be a merit.
About the course
The Level 2 Exercise and Fitness Apprenticeship is ideal for someone who wants to work operationally in a leisure centre with a fitness facility, and also wants to become a fitness instructor. At the end of the Apprenticeship, you will become a fully qualified Fitness Instructor and will be able to work unsupervised in a gym, advising customers on their training programmes.
Qualifications and Skills
On completion of a Level 2 Exercise and Fitness Apprenticeship the Learner will achieve:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 1 Functional skills: English and Maths (possible exemptions dependent on previous qualifications. Evidence of qualifications will be required)
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
Career and Progression Opportunities
Once the Level 2 Exercise and Fitness Apprenticeship has been completed potential job roles could include:
- Fitness Instructor / Gym Instructor
- Recreation Assistant
- Leisure Centre Assistant
On completion of a Level 2 Apprenticeship, Apprentices also have the option to develop their skills further and progress to an advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship.